Sunday 25 August 2013

The Strip, Doubles & Days Off!!

Tuesday night we went to the strip, my first time & I loved it! I can't wait to go back and see a bit more as we didn't have much time and it was so hot! The Bellagio fountains were AMAZING, I definitely wanna see them again! 
Here are a few of my favourite pics.....




So Wednesday was a day off, I spent most of the day in the bowl watching the men's doubles before getting an hour or so out by the pool - which was nice obviously!! Wednesday evening we did plan to go to the Outback grill for tea but after a mishap with taxi's we ended up staying in the complex and going to one of the restaurants here. 

Thursday was doubles day on the medium. I was paired with Hayley W and on the first squad along with Nicki & Lisa. Autum & Hayley R would play in the second squad. 


Doubles started off better for me, I seemed to find a couple of options on the fresh and started off well in the first few frames before my ball reaction changed drastically and I got tight trying to make it work. 

I had the same sort of thing for the first 3 games, the reaction looked good for 3-4 frames and then quickly changed, I then threw loose shots and didn't take advantage of the good shots I'd made before hand. Game 4 I decided to stop playing safe and go 'fish' for something. Yes it meant I ended with a 143 but I didn't manage to see the reactions of all the balls in my bag and figure something out for games 5 & 6. This time it paid off and with the help of Mike Quarry we found a really good ball reaction which stayed, using my Roto Grip Defiant Soul with 2000 surface playing further right. Bounced back with 244 & 208 to boost confidence and feel a bit more positive about my next block on the medium.  

Thursday afternoon I seemed to pick up a bug from somewhere and spent all afternoon in bed sick, which was not fun at all. Managed to feel a little better in the evening so went for a walk across the way to Walmart, we stopped in at a pet shop to play with the puppies. We almost lost Autum as she fell in love with a golden retriever/cocker spaniel cross! So cute....

Friday was another day off.... It doesn't feel like we've bowled much since we've been here but I am extremely grateful for the downtime, especially when I ain't been feeling great. Friday we had a super chill out day by the pool, tried to escape the bowl for a bit, forget bowling for a little while & relax. We still all ended up talking bowling around the pool, but it was nice to get some fresh air & sunshine! 

The girls finally went to Outback last night and it was definitely worth the wait :) my ribeye was beaut, shame I couldn't eat much before I was being sick again but hey at least I got to enjoy a bit of it!!!

Today we start the trios. Autum, Hayley R & Lisa are playing early today & afternoon on Monday so Me, Nic & Hayley W play afternoon today and morning on Monday! Back on the brutal short pattern, time to figure out a plan, make good shots and hope for a bit of luck our way too! 

I'll leave you with a picture of my Outback steak.... Mmmmmmmmmm!!! 



J xx







No comments:

Post a Comment