Tuesday 20 August 2013

The tournament begins....

So the tournament officially started with official practice. Practice went OK for me, I got to throw all the balls I brought with me in different areas to see which reactions I liked the look of the best. 

After practice I had to drop 3 balls and choose my final 6 for tournament play. The balls I chose were Rotogrip Disturbed, Rotogrip Defiant Soul, Storm IQ Tour, Storm Crossroad, Storm Tropical Heat Solid & my Polar Ice which I use as a spare ball. 

Didn't really get up to much on Sunday night, ate tea (dinner), wasted some dollars on the slots then went to bed. 

Monday was game day for the men. The short pattern really played tough for all the men and scores were a lot lower than any of the team would have wished for. There were 2 300's in the tournament which was nice to watch, when all you seem to see around is people struggling. 

The girls spent most of the day in the bowl watching so by the time the finals were over we were all shattered, both mentally & physically. Watching bowling really does take it out of you. We decided against eating out and chose to get Panda Express - its a Chinese fast food restaurant which I absolutely love, especially when you're tucked up in bed having a chill out night with the girls!!! 

And so we come to Tuesday..... Game day for the girls. For the first time since arriving I got a decent nights sleep. Jet lag has really got to me and I kept waking up between 3-4:30am then struggling to get back to sleep. Last night seemed to be better so fingers crossed that rubbish is outa my system!!

 Nicki & I were on the first squad along with Hayley R & Autum

I really didn't start good today, I took too long to settle into the sticky approaches and threw a lot of bad shots. I was like this for the first 2 games before giving myself a mental kick up the ass, then I started to throw the ball better and had something to work from. Games 3,4 & 5 were better but game 6 just stumped me. I read the lanes based on a couple of shots and made a decision to move my whole shot to the right, in hindsight I think I should have maybe moved everything left a little but hey, you learn from your mistakes. 

Here are the scores from today... 153. 134. 167. 219. 201. 146 = 1020. They're not so fun to look at after months of hard work but I have to out that event behind me, I gotta forget the negatives of the first couple of games and keep the positives, I didn't give up and it proves that if you keep fighting for it then the results get better. The next event is doubles on the medium pattern so I won't have to play on the short pattern until the trios later in the week. I'll have some time before then to sit & talk to Jon & work out a new game plan before then. 

Tonight we're going to the strip. We're all having tea at the MGM grand with all the families & supporters that are here with the team. Although I'm shattered it'll be really nice to escape the hotel complex for a few hours. As this is my first time in Vegas I've never seen the strip in real life either so that's gonna be fun! 

I'll take loads a photos to post next time :-) 

Until then, Much Love. 

J xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment