Saturday 31 August 2013

USBC Queens 2013

Today was emotional when it was time to say goodbye to my team mates as they left for home. The farewell banquet last night was not as good as we hoped, but it did give us the chance to get dressed up - which was nice! 

Today the USBC Queens started! It's a long running women only tournament, that has had some amazing winners over the years. This year we'll be bowling for the title, $20k and a beautiful tiara! 



I'm rooming with Lisanne for the rest of my trip, packing up my stuff this morning was not fun - especially after a late night!!  By the time I had said my goodbyes to the team I had just enough time to shower and get ready for practice, which is on the chosen tournament pattern. The pattern which has been chosen is 39ft and should be significantly more playable than the 2 patterns we played on for the World Championships. 

The balls I have with me are all Storm or RotoGrip. I have the Disturbed. Defiant Soul. Deranged. Crossroad. Hyroad Pearl. IQ Tour. Tropical Heat Solid. Tropical Breeze & Polar Ice.

Practice went OK and I managed to find a few options to start with tomorrow. The balls I'm liking the look of initially are the Disturbed, Defiant Soul & Crossroad, but that may well change in the actual squad.

After practice Lisanne & I went for tea over at Red Robin, which dangerously is in the Galleria Shopping Mall. We were almost falling asleep whilst eating, as we were both exhausted from yesterday, but we managed to find some energy to do a little bit of shopping. After a visit to one of  my favourite shops, Bath & Body Works, we decided to buy some things to help us relax in the room! Eucalyptus & Mint candle & stress relief body lotion! 

Early night for the 2 of us, ready for our 9am start tomorrow (5pm UK Time) We will play 5 games tomorrow and 5 games on Monday then the next cut will be announced! 

You can follow the tournament at www.bowl.com/Queens
Keep your fingers crossed for us :) 

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment