Sunday 30 September 2012

Back to the practice lanes...

Well I can quite honestly say that wasn't the best bowling experience I've ever had.

The second block of qualifying was much better. I was more relaxed, threw the ball a lot better and made more good shots. I had 1205 for the 6 games which I was a lot happier with but unfortunately it wasn't going to be enough to recover from day 1.

Back to the practice lanes for me and to shake off the bad memories of a 997 6 game block!!

Both guys had great 2nd blocks too taking them into the finals. Matt got himself a bye by qualifying in the top 8 and Stu just missed out in 9th.

Stu had a good run beating Michael Holzapfel from Germany & Mak Cheuk Yin from Hong Kong before losing in the round of 8 to Tommy Jones of USA.

Matt played Khaled Al Dossari from Qatar but unfortunately didn't win so went out of the tournament in the round of 16.

All the results are still available on the website: http://www.cbf.com.cy

Despite my nightmare on the lanes and not being able to sleep properly I did have a very enjoyable trip. I'm lucky that I am able to get along with the guys, the hotel was in the middle of nowhere so really not much to do at all, I would have gone crazy if I weren't able to have fun & some banter with the guys!

It's now Sunday and I 'think' I've finally caught up on my sleep! I'm working Monday - Thursday this week then I'm flying to Vienna Friday morning for an EBT (European Bowling Tour) event!

It's a slightly different format to other EBT's because your scores are teamed with the bowler on your lane to create a doubles team, which means more competition and more chance of prize money! I'm due to play with Mike Quarry a friend from England, Sandra from Sweden & Lisanne from Holland!

I'm also rooming with Lisanne, we haven't seen each other since our trip to Reno so I'm looking forward to fun times with her!!

I'm logging off to watch X Factor now so I'll love ya & leave ya!!

Until next week, Much Love, J x

No comments:

Post a Comment