Thursday 19 April 2012

Hotel Motel Holiday Inn

I got through security - They let me in :o) BOOM! Getting through the airport was pretty quick and my bags were the first on the belt!!

Olivia Sandham drove 6 hours from Kansas for the tournament so came to collect me from the airport - we managed to quickly check in then headed to the other airport to pick up Jen Higgins! I met both the girls at the World Youth Championships in Guam 8 years ago - Time flies!!!

It was fun in the car with Olivia - catching up on the lingo. We ate at Popeye's - I had Chicken, chips & a scone. In American - Chicken, Fries & a Biscuit....a biscuit? Seriously? It was like a savoury scone - strange!!!

We got back to the hotel about 11:30 and after we unpacked we got to sleep just after 12. I as expecting to sleep forEVER since I had been up for 23 hours but here I am now! Wide awake at 8am! The other girls are awake too so we're gonna get ready and go to the bowl to play the sweeper!

It's just a mini 3 game tournament that pays 1 in 4  - it's a good opportunity to loosen up though and get used to the surrounding. If I make some money then bonus :o)

We have official practice at 1pm this afternoon and we start our first block of qualifying at 9am tomorrow morning! The tournament info can be found here: www.bowl.com/queens

I'll take some picture and get them uploaded later today!

Much Love & All That Jazz!

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment