Saturday 21 April 2012

Saturday!

I'm in :-) geez that was close!

I woke up today with a big ass stinker of a cold, my head felt like it was gonna explode! Urgh!

Although we all still woke early, we managed to lounge around in bed this morning due to not bowling until 1pm.

We took time getting ready then me, Liv & Sandra went down to the bowl to watch some of the B squad bowlers. It was such a relief to see that the scores had dropped a little after yesterday!

The food at the bowl doesn't look too great so we went for a drive to find some dinner (lunch) after 30 minutes driving we finally decided on Arby's. I had a turkey & bacon ranch wrap which was beaut! No photo this time - Soz!

When we got back to the bowl I took my Victory Road Pearl into the pro shop as it was a little greasy after yesterday! The poor guy in the shop struggles to understand me - especially with the terminology I'm used to around my bowling and equipment :-/ I probably should learn some proper words!!!

Anyway, finally onto the lanes and I felt good in practice. I opened up with a 255 which helped me to relax more! I felt like I bowled much better today and had games of 199 201 190 & 201. I know the scores don't reflect how much I hit the pocket but I just struggled to kick out the 4 & 10 pins.

I managed +46 today so -1 for the 10 games. I knew it was going to be close as the cut was -20 after game 9. It was a nerve wracking 10 minutes waiting for the scores to update but when they did I was mega happy :-) placed 55th and 29 pins off the next cut. If I make good shots tomorrow hopefully I can pull that back and pinch a place in the match play!

I made $90 in today's block too from entering the high game pot & also brackets - bonus!

All 4 of us are in the cut so we went out to a Mexican restaurant to celebrate! I treated myself to a lime mojito which was yummy and the food was delicious too :-)

Tonight we went in the pool for the first time and although it was pretty cold I was determined to stay in there! Sandra & I mucked about a bit then got out and just chilled for a bit :-)

Now I'm blogging from a hot bath, drinking Mountain Dew & eating peanut M&M's :-)

Early start tomorrow for 5 more games at 9am (3pm UK time) so wish me luck!!!

Much Love,

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment